03 August, 2009

Body Modification!


So. I have decided that I will be finally be getting my second tattoo.

Why, all of a sudden, did I decide to get another tattoo you ask? Well, here's
how it happened. I was flipping channels the other night and happened upon the
show L.A. Ink. I'd never seen the show before, but was familiar with Kat Von D and
the what the show entails. As I was watching the various people coming into the shop
and being tattooed I felt the urge to get another myself. So I started drawing.


I've been wanting to get a Chinese or Japanese style dragon for a long time
so I started sketching out a dragon design.....and then hit a wall. I could not think of
any other detail other than the basic layout of the body. So, I abandoned that (for now)
and got to thinking about other tattoo ideas. Which brought me to the design I've chosen.


As I sat thinking about images I wouldn't mind having stabbed repeatedly into
my body I looked around the room, and my eyeballs stopped at a book about the history
of one of my favorite bands, the Japanese horrorpunk band, BALZAC. I first heard them
about 7 or 8 years ago and have been a fan ever since. So, I began flipping through this
book and it had a few designs within that I thought would be good. Then I stumbled across
one that really stood out for some reason. I don't know why, but it just felt right.


Anyway, this post has gone on far too long. I'm going into Cheap Trix up on South
Grand to get the outline done this coming Saturday, August 8th. I might see if I can get the
whole thing done, but I just had them block out the time for the outline. I'm going to have Kim take pictures during the process so I can post them here.


I guess I'll see you next Saturday night. Adios!

No comments:

Man v. Food Widget